On Sunday our ward had a great VT conference the 3rd hour of church. They had a wonderful little lunch for us with fresh fruit and some orange juice. Well since my surgery, I don't think I've had orange juice and so I took a small sip. UM wait a min! That's not just orange juice that has carbonation in it, Well I asked the sister next to me what was in it ( since she made it) and she said oh there's ginger ale in it. And that's about the time my stomach started to burn, and I mean like eating fire hot wings on an empty stomach burn.
I rushed out to my car and realized all my antacids where at home, so I ran over to Stewart's and bought some. I sat in my car doubled over, wishing the Tums would go to work. After a half hour, I drove home and tried to get some bread or something small in my system, with out going into details I was not successful. The rest of that day I laid on the couch
and watched The Work and the Glory, ( thought it was a good choice on Sunday). At about midnight I went up to bed. At 3am I woke up. My head was pounding!
I crawled out of bed and went downstairs and tried to get some fluids in me. But even water was making me nauseous. I took some Tylenol and the migraine stuck around. So I folded laundry and watched all 3 Lord of the Rings. At 2 in the afternoon , I finally went back to bed. I slept 2pm until 9am. When I woke up this morning I went into the bathroom and started a bath, stepped on the scale and realized I had lost about 11lbs since Saturday. My head feels better. And I'm going to try going into Saratoga to do some shopping before the 12 inches of snow falls tomorrow.
I rushed out to my car and realized all my antacids where at home, so I ran over to Stewart's and bought some. I sat in my car doubled over, wishing the Tums would go to work. After a half hour, I drove home and tried to get some bread or something small in my system, with out going into details I was not successful. The rest of that day I laid on the couch
and watched The Work and the Glory, ( thought it was a good choice on Sunday). At about midnight I went up to bed. At 3am I woke up. My head was pounding!
I crawled out of bed and went downstairs and tried to get some fluids in me. But even water was making me nauseous. I took some Tylenol and the migraine stuck around. So I folded laundry and watched all 3 Lord of the Rings. At 2 in the afternoon , I finally went back to bed. I slept 2pm until 9am. When I woke up this morning I went into the bathroom and started a bath, stepped on the scale and realized I had lost about 11lbs since Saturday. My head feels better. And I'm going to try going into Saratoga to do some shopping before the 12 inches of snow falls tomorrow.(Oh BTW, no I never get hungry, just thirsty, So I have no desire to eat anything. I will try eating because if I dont it will just make me weak after a day or 2)
5 comments:
Poor you! My little Josh has been really sick too. I hope you feel better soon.
Yuck, that sounds awful! At least you were productive - folding laundry and all. I probably would have just curled up in a ball on the couch. I hope you're feeling better.
So glad you are feeling better! That's a pretty crazy 11 lbs you dropped. Hope to catch up with you in Utah in April. It's looking like I'm going out withe boys before conference and then sticking around to run the 1/2 marathon. Wanna do the 5K?
Oh and your temple list, we're going to go to Boston on Thursday? Wanna go?
You scared me! All that from a little carbonation. Take care!
Post a Comment