CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Long time no Blog

I Finally made it back to NY after a few weeks of excursions. Back to the blogging world. So what have I been doing... Well last month I took Annabelle back to Washington after 6 weeks of visiting with her here in NY. Our time here was great. While I was out there we celebrated her 7th birthday, yeah I know it reminds me how old i'm actually getting. We went to the beach again, and then we headed to Sequim Washington to the Olympic Game Farm. It was really cool seeing all of the animals, some even sticking their heads in the car for our bread. And to top off her birthday we went to a mexican restaurant where they sang Happy Birthday while she wore a sombrero.


After I got back to New York my gf Lisa invited me to drive out to Utah with her, since I have really never spent any great deal of time in the great salt state I jumped at the chance. Our trip started out on the 9th. On our way out we made a stop at the Kirtland Temple. It was really amazing to see how the Saints gave all they had to build a house to the Lord. I also really found the Whitney Store very interesting. Especially the School of the Prophets held in the upper rooms of the store. You could really feel the inspiration and spirit of room. As we made our way across the plains, the pioneer in me was thankful I was born in the car age and not the hand cart age... I could not imagine pushing my belongings over Iowa, and Nebraska. We also stopped at Winters Quarters, Nebraska. I was so fortunate to be able to do a session, after spending time in the cemetery. It was by far the highlight of my trip. It's amazing the peace of knowing the loved ones in your life are waiting just beyond the veil. While I was there, I really had an overwhelming feeling of peace that my son was there playing with the other children who had passed away. Thursday we finally made it to Salt Lake. I got to visit the new Draper Temple. I was able to do a session at the Salt Lake Temple, and I would strongly suggest going to see a live session to everyone. It was amazing! I did a session at the Mt Timpanogos, I really do enjoy the beauty of the smaller temples. I had the chance to also visit the grounds of Provo, and Jordan River Temples.

And the ever impressive BYU campus. The trip was great. It was well worth going and I will go again in a heart beat. I flew back on the 18th and on the 19th Meri and I headed to Springfield MA to Time Out for Women. Since Meri has worked for Time Out before she got to be the speakers timers and thus we got front row seats!!! It was amazing seeing and sitting 3 seats down from Michael McLean and Kenneth Cope! I do have to say having these guys wink at me that they saw their time was so awesome! Thanks a bunch Meri! So that's about it. I'm back to the daily grind of NY, getting my house ready for winter, and ready to sell ( hopefully). I missed you all, thanks for your patience. Oh yeah, I'm down to 183 now :)

6 comments:

chellae said...

I'm envious of all your temple time! Sigh. I guess there is a time and a season for all things and right now I can hardly stand sitting through sacrament meeting without having to move around. Anyway. So glad you enjoyed your trip and Time Out for Women. Thanks again for the chocolate covered cinnamon bears. I have about one a day so I can savor them. Welcome home. Oh, and 183!! You looked fantastic in the cute black dress on Sunday.

Dani W said...

I am so happy for you! I wish I could go to the temple right now... I miss it. I am glad your trip went so well... glad to have you back! :)

Natalie said...

We are glad to have you back... Sounds like a great last few weeks! Congrats on the weight loss, you look great!

JeMM said...

Yea you are back - I love it when friends come home and we can play again! I love the temple pictures!
And I must say that Kenneth Cope has a darling smile! Welcome HOME! You were missed!

Meri said...

You always have the best pictures in your blog entries! I couldn't believe how the leaves changed while I was in Virginia. The drive home was breathtaking.

Billy Rippetoe said...

Sounds like you had a great time. And we are so proud to hear that you've lost so much weight. I wish I had been with you for Annabelle's birthday, I'm sure it was fun. We are looking forward to you moving closer to us. Berta has lost over 50 pounds and is getting ready for surgery in the next few months. Apparently she has a hernia just above her bellybutton, that they need to repair and they will be taking off the belly flap that causes her so much pain... when she recovers from that, they will go in and replace both her knees. She's really looking forward to being able to get out of her wheelchair. She says her main goal is to go dancing with me like we used to do. As for the rest of us, everything is the same-o-same-o... work, work, work...pay, pay, pay... never ending. Thanks for the up-date blog, we really enjoy hearing from you. Love ya lots, Dad and Berta