CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 22, 2008

Book of the Week



I was excited to read this book, The first couple of chapters are great ( well kinda sad) in fact I liked the book so much that I showed it to a friend of mine saying: you should really read this, Its great so far.
Let me give you the back cover synopsis;

Mackenzie Allen Philips’ youngest daughter, Missy, has been abducted during a family vacation and evidence that she may have been murdered is found in an abandoned shack deep int he Oregon wilderness. Four years later in the midst of his Great Sadness, Mack receives a suspicious note, ostensibly from God, inviting him back to that shack for a weekend.
Against his better judgment he arrives at the shack on a wintry afternoon and walks back into his darkest nightmare. What he finds there will change Mack's world forever and quite possibly your own.
In a world where religion seems to grow increasingly irrelevant The Shack wrestles with the timeless question, “Where is God in a world so filled with unspeakable pain?” The answers Mack gets will astound you and perhaps transform you as much as it did him.

So you can see, why I might be interested in this book. The book is based on the Trinity, something that I have been sadly unfamiliar with. I was ready to understand the authors take on the subject.
I was getting into the part of the book where it started to touch on the Trinity.
I had to stop cold in my tracks!
With out bashing any ones beliefs on here, I will instead give you my testimony on the power of the gospel I have in my life. What a wonderful gift we have, the knowledge of the Godhead, and the indivildual attributes of each.
So bottom line, not a book I would recomend. You might find it intresting, however. Let me know if you have read it. I'm intrested in what others thought of the book.

3 comments:

JeMM said...

I just get all tear eyed reading the sum up. You'll have to tell me more about it when you get back I'm interested but I really hate super sad themes. I love that you are sharing books - keep it up!
Jen

Natalie said...

This is the book you showed me at the airport... So, should I or shouldn't I read it? I hope you are having a good time, and I'll see you when you get back!

Anonymous said...

Missed you at book club this week. "Ladies Auxiliary" was a great read. I really think it could be renamed "Relief Society." :) I'm trying to get into "Host" and keep getting stuck in the second or third chapter. Did you find that too? Does it move more quickly later? So is "Shack" something you would recommend now that you're further into it? We're splitting book club for September and are looking for a book for the northern group. What do you suggest?