A few months ago Jason came home and told me that he had asked for an extension. ( he wanted to stay in NY until June of next year) About 3 weeks ago he had been told there was a high chance of getting shipped to Iraq
for a 6 month tour. None of this was I thrilled about, and spent many a night on my knees asking for a favorable outcome.
This morning I woke up to him talking on the phone to the detailer about his extension. Turns out his command never submitted the extension or the orders to Iraq to the detailer, and so it was not approved.
(or they got lost)
for a 6 month tour. None of this was I thrilled about, and spent many a night on my knees asking for a favorable outcome.This morning I woke up to him talking on the phone to the detailer about his extension. Turns out his command never submitted the extension or the orders to Iraq to the detailer, and so it was not approved.
(or they got lost)I heard Jason also explain to him that he really wanted Washington, that our daughter there and we are fighting to get her returned to us.
But unfortunately his only choices now where:
Virgina on the USS Enterprise or
San Deigo on the USS Reagan.
And we would be leaving in October of this year.
Jason told him he needed to talk to me and would call him back shortly. He hung up the phone and came up stairs to let me know what was going on. We both decided it would be better for us to get SD so that I could get direct flights to Seattle. I asked him what the chances where to get Bremerton after we moved to SD, he said we would have to wait 2 years and then hope something came open. As he left the room I got out of bed and started my prayers. I prayed that I would be at peace with the coarse that we were headed, and that all would be well. I heard him hang up, and I quickly finished my prayers. He walked back into the bedroom and said, " I have to go to Virginia for 6 months for school, and then we are going to Bremerton, I'm not sure what changed in the last 5 min, but it did"
Just thought I would share my testimony of the power of prayer.
If we get the house sold this fall/winter, I will move to WA sooner than later. We report to Bremerton on April 12th 2009 on the USS Stennis.
Virgina on the USS Enterprise or

San Deigo on the USS Reagan.

And we would be leaving in October of this year.
Jason told him he needed to talk to me and would call him back shortly. He hung up the phone and came up stairs to let me know what was going on. We both decided it would be better for us to get SD so that I could get direct flights to Seattle. I asked him what the chances where to get Bremerton after we moved to SD, he said we would have to wait 2 years and then hope something came open. As he left the room I got out of bed and started my prayers. I prayed that I would be at peace with the coarse that we were headed, and that all would be well. I heard him hang up, and I quickly finished my prayers. He walked back into the bedroom and said, " I have to go to Virginia for 6 months for school, and then we are going to Bremerton, I'm not sure what changed in the last 5 min, but it did"
Just thought I would share my testimony of the power of prayer.If we get the house sold this fall/winter, I will move to WA sooner than later. We report to Bremerton on April 12th 2009 on the USS Stennis.


8 comments:
YEEEEHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!
Oh, and I hope your record that experience somewhere - even if Jason had ended up elsewhere, I know the Lord would still be watching over you, but what a tender mercy this is for your family. And what a sweet testimony of prayer. Thanks for sharing. I'm looking forward to seeing you.
I am so happy for you... I know this is what you've been hoping for ~ although we will miss you terribly! What a blessing!
That is awesome! What a great example of faith and turning things over to the Lord. I am so glad things seem to be working out!!
Happy to hear you're going to be closer to your daughter!
I am SO-O happy for you--I can't stop the tears from flowing!! Miracles never cease, and prayers are answered. : ) Thanks for sharing the FANTASTIC news!
I have heard you share this expericene a few times and it has increased my faith. thank you so much for sharing and reminding me of how much the Lord wants to bless us and we just need to have faith and ask.
Happy Mother's Day Stella!!
April
See how the Lord blesses you when you do your part? That is SO fantastic; but, we will miss you.
Post a Comment