
I hope you all remember the post on the wonders of a new computer. I take it all back. Last week our new computer started to act weird, For example: I would try and download software and a little box would pop up saying i didn't have permission because I wasn't an administrator. Well that's odd because it says I am... a day later I tried again, and this time the little box said I didn't have Windows Installer Installed.. that i should reinstall Window Installer. What a min here, You want time to reinstall something when I don't have a working insulators.. I love little boxes! So bottom line we took it into Best Buy to find out what was going on. Our friendly Geek Squad Man(typed really quickly ) looked at our comp and said "oh this is real simple, give me 10mn and come back", Well when we wandered back He informed me that it had "blue screened".
What?? " It's the blue screen of death" he replied. "you might want to order a new computer, let me check if we have any ( typing really fast on another computer) Oh, well this model ( that we got on 3/15) is out of date, they no longer make these computers, Sorry" So what do we do? We went over to the computer section and found something very similar, when talking to the sales associate he explained that Vista was the issue. That if you download programs like OpenOffice ( J needed for something) Vista looks at it as a threat to Microsoft. And on your next update Vista will tell Microsoft that we downloaded foreign software, and that they should take action ( locking our administration actions, Then taking installer away) So basically Microsoft does like competition.. Eggrr. We ordered a brand new comp so I'm typing this on the old dinosaur. 
Saturday, April 19, 2008
Blue Screens
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
suggestions:
comodo firewall it's free
avast anti virus it's free
and
spy bot search and destroy it's free
Keep them all updated on your new computer and you will not have so many problems.
I shared your blog with my husband a computer tech and this is what he suggested.
We didn't have an issue with a virus, we wanted to download Open Office, Vista just dosen't like anything not made by Microsoft, We have Norton, We got a bunch of anti virus put on our comp ( by the geek squad) when we bought it. Thanks for the info though. P.S. who are you?
I've heard only bad about Vista - I'm sorry it got you too!! Do you have a warranty on your 3/15 computer? I would think so! Good luck with that.
and computers are supposed to make our lives easier, right?
Did Best Buy compensate you at all? I haven't heard good things about Vista either.
Post a Comment