CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Washington Dives a Scion

Our house is finally on the market! It's such a good feeling.

Jason and I headed south on Sunday evening stopping in PA. In the morning we went to Valley Forge. It's a inspiring place. To know how much our forefathers sacrificed for us. If it was not for our history we would not have the blessings that we do have today. As we sat in our car having breakfast, none other than Gen. George Washington drove up. It was his 227th birthday, he should have the luxury of showing up in Scion instead of a horse and buggy.. :)

After Valley Forge, we headed over to Philadelphia. We saw the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall. I need to research this more ( and I'm sure one of my loyal readers knows this) but the Rising Sun chair reminds me so much of Sunstone from the Nauvoo Temple.

Then we headed to the very somber Gettysburg Battle Field.

Today I woke up at 3am and headed to Colombia SC. My Step-Mother is having surgery today, and my Step-sister is in need of extra special blessings in her life so I thought would be a great day for a temple work. I have such a testimony of the blessing of the temple! The peace and love I feel when i am with in the holy walls, defy all words!

So what next??
  • On Thursday I head to Seattle until March 10th.

  • Then I'm heading back to VA for a few days and then depending on the status of the house I will come up to NY to make sure the yard looks good for the spring. Or I will be having the movers come in to move us.
  • I'm also getting together with somefriends one last time!!
  • Around the 6th of April I head west.

  • I'm stopping for a day in Nauvoo.

  • Then heading to Liberty Jail ( just visiting)
  • Staying the night.

  • Then I will drive to Denver and stay the night, wake up in the morning and go to the temple.

  • Then I will be driving to SLC
    I hope to be able to stay a few days (3 or 4 days)
    ( I have a few offers from friends to be able to stay with their families, but I don't have anything set in stone yet, so that might change how long i stay in SLC )
    I really wanna visit with some friends, meet their new additions.
  • Then on Monday I'm heading to St George and staying with Sister Steele's mother for the night.
  • On Tuesday I was going to go to the St George Temple and then drive to Las Vegas to go to the temple there.
  • Then I get to head to Arizona and visit with one of my bestest friends, and I get to meet and re see all of her babies. I'm not sure how long I'm going to be staying there.
  • Then I'm heading to San Diego to see my brother-in-law who is a marine at Camp Pendletion, and going to see my step sister, and all of my very cool niece and nephews.
  • I'm then going to see my grandma in Long Beach ( my home town).
  • Then to Sacramento to visit with my Dad and my Step-Mom
  • After that I'm going to Seattle to spend time with Annabelle.
  • And on the 28th of April I fly back to VA, and Jason and I make the cross country trip again.
  • Stopping in Iowa.
  • Going to the South Dakota Bad Lands, and Mt Rushmore. Then going to spend a week at Yellowstone, in a very rustic log cabin. ( not my idea)
  • then we are going to Sacramento,
  • Mt Lassen

and up to

  • Seattle...

Whew. Tell me when its all over!

If you are on my way I would love to stop by and see ya! Drop me an email so i know if your going to be in town.

1 comments:

Christine said...

Phew! You have more traveling stamina than me, though it sounds like you went to some really neat places and will be going to some more. I'm glad you get to see so many friends and temples. I know that Annabelle is your priority, but when things settle down, I'd love to see you! Sounds like quite an adventure!