CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Up Up Up Up Up Up and away

The past year I have flown acrossed the country about 12 times. Flying doesn't bother me, In fact I like a bit of adventure once in awhile. I took off from Albany about 2pm on Tuesday, then got to Baltimore at about 3:30. I really like the Baltimore Airport, its one of my favorites. My plane was going to take off at 4:05pm for Seattle with a stop over in Chicago to let people on and off.
Then everything fell apart!
The captain came on over the loudspeaker and said they weather was really bad in Chicago and that we would be delayed until 5:30.... not dishearten I took a walk and grabbed a steamed milk at Starbucks ( non-fat seamed milk with protein, sugar free vanilla and sugar free carmel, no foam).
When I returned the captain come on to say that the plane was delayed until at lease 8pm. Well I walked over to the Customer service desk to ask if there might be a faster route. The very rude man, said "let me see your ticket". I handed it over, after 5 min of strange faces and typing I had been rerouted to Denver, then to Seattle... Yippy!

Well when we landed into Denver, I was told that the flight I was going to be on had been canceled and that I should fly over to Oakland and wait for the direct flight to Seattle in the morning.
Up up and away to Oakland.. I got into Oakland and realized I had no ticket for the morning flight! To top it off I had no idea if I could even leave the security area of the airport ( what if I'm stuck in Oakland). At 11pm there where no ticket agents.
So I followed the herd out to baggage claim where I waited... and waited until 4:30 in the morning.( Me waiting in the abandoned airport)
Finally the ticket agents showed up and after an explanation they put me on a direct flight to Seattle.. leaving at 6.
As I sat on the plane... waiting, and waiting, the pilot came on the speaker and said that the front wheels where not working and that we needed to deplane and move to another plane... off we all went. So we thought... When we all got on the next plane the captain explained that due to the weather some people are stranded in Sacramento and that we would be taking a 10 min flight over to get them.

We landed in Sacramento, 20 min after we left Oakland, and then waited another 30 min for the guys on the ground to get a plane tow that would work ( theirs died 5 min after we landed).

I do have to say... Its all worth it. seeing My daughter is worth all the sleepless airport nights in the world.



I'm praying for clear weather on the return trip.... Oh and if I would of stayed in Baltimore I would of gotten to Seattle at midnight... not noon the next day.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

WOW - What a long few days... Glad you made it there safely, hopefully the flights back won't be as crazy!

zeeny said...

That's kind of funny! I hate flying. Stuff like that always happens to me. I guess it would be better if I was by myself though! At least I could have some reading time! Although, it wouldn't be a comfortable night! Good luck getting home!

Christine said...

Oh, that would have stressed me out! Sounds like you took it all in stride. Have a wonderful time with Annabelle and enjoy our impending blizzard. If you have a free minute I'd always love to say hello, but I know your time with Annabelle is precious. So if I don't see you - Merry Christmas!! Oh, and you are looking amazing. And your description of the warmed milk made me laugh. :)

JeMM said...

I hope the vacation is wonderful - you earned every good minute of it!