
The Thanksgiving tradition in our home goes like this. With out fail the 5 Thanksgiving's Jason and I have been together someone has invited us over to their home to celebrate with them. And so because we never have any left overs for my husband to have, he insists that we make a turkey for the Sunday after Thanksgiving so that he can watch Sunday football and eat himself sick. I've been working on the RS Christmas program today, and I knew I would not be home early to start the bird, so I called Jason and told him I needed him to start the turkey. I told him, place the bird on her belly and put 2 sticks of butter inside, and mash another stick on the outside, salt it a bit.
When I walked in the door about 2 hours later, my loving spouse came up to me and asked me, "you wanted me to put 2 pounds of butter in the inside of the bird???" Thinking he was joking I asked him to explain... and he responded " well i got 6 sticks of butter inside, I couldn't get all 8, and 6 on the outside, I couldn't get in all 4 pounds.
Well needless to say, That's one very fattening bird should I put butter in the mashed potatoes???

Well needless to say, That's one very fattening bird should I put butter in the mashed potatoes???

P.S. This is also mormon cookie night, and since I had dough already made in the refrigerator, I pre heated the oven and set the dough out so that it would get to room temp. ..... after 25 min in the oven, my cookies looked really runny... turns out Jason turned off the oven on me.
I know who is doing dishes tonight!
4 comments:
LOL!!! Oh, it makes for good memories. :)
Wow - That is a lot of butter... too funny!
That is so funny!! I can see my sweet husband doing something similar. He is just taking lessons from Paula Dean (let's thrown in another stick of butter, why not!)
Was the bird wonderful? Sounds like it was deepn fried in the oven!
Post a Comment