CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Mormon Cookies

Every mids & swings I make Jason's section at work, cookies. They have become known as the "Mormon Cookies". I'm guessing it becuase I happen to a member of the church. I really like doing it. This is the first time I've made them however that I did not get to taste test ( half the batch).

So how do I make them:


2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon almond extract
2 eggs, beaten
bag of chocolate chips, a bag of white chocolate chips, bag of butterscotch chips

Bag of walnuts
Directions

1Preheat oven 350 degrees.
2Combine flour and baking soda.
3In a large bowl beat brown sugar, sugar, butter, shortening, vanilla, and almond extract.

4Mix until well blended.
5Add eggs and mix well.
6Beat in the flour mixture.
7Stir in all the bags of chips.

8Drop by rounded teasponful and bake 10-12 minutes, I never set a timer.. I just check by site.
I like the idea that I can do a little bit of missionary work.

5 comments:

Natalie said...

I remember these from the cookie exchange... they are delicious! I can stay on track as long as I don't make cookies, if I do - it's over for me! I taste test a ton!

Anonymous said...

Yummy!!! Can I come over and have like maybe oh.....all of them. They look great to bad I have not installed smell and taste into my computer yet. That is really nice of you to go to all that work for them. You are so nice. Sometimes the best part is the cookie dough. My husband loves snicker doodles.

Dani W said...

Oh Stella those look sooo good. I think I might have to confiscate that recipe! Haha... well I am glad to hear that you are doing well. Call me if you need anything or just want company!

zeeny said...

ok, i'm a spaz and posted a comment about this post on the one below!! Sorry, I guess you probably still got what I meant!

zippy said...

Yum-o! I'm gonna have to give that recipe a try--thanks for sharing!! You are very kind to make those for EVERY mid and swing shift. : )

I don't make cookies to often, I get into too much trouble because I LOVE to eat raw dough and then of course I have to taste test a lot of the cookies once their done! : )