It's great to finally be getting out of the Hospital. I went into surgery on Wednesday morning at 6am. I had such a positive attitude about getting out the following day. That was really silly on my part. So let me share where I have been the past few days. I spent most of my time in room E410in this bed
I have 5 incision sites, so sleeping has been a bit of a challenge. Stacking pillows all around me.
This great rolling pole I have been pushing around with me EVERY where. The only time I get freedom from it is when I get to shower. I have named him Baxter.
The food is like as hospital food goes. You would think after so many years of making Jello they would have it down. All I got to eat ( for EVERY meal) was half apple juice and water, fat free milk, decaff coffee ( even after I told them I didn't drink it), chicken or beef broth and Orange Jello. If I never taste orange jello again in my life I will be thrilled!!!
As soon as you are able to walk they like you walking the hallsI found it very hard not to look into other peoples rooms or to get in the nurses way. I however would walk around the halls for 20 min or so then find my way to the end of the hall near this window.
I think this was my saving grace. I loved to look around outside. To see the beautiful trees in the wind. I had forgotten how much I love spring. While I was walking I meet a few really neat people. I can not tell you how blessed I feel. I'm feeling better everyday. Stronger. I know the prayers that have been said on my behalf have not gone unanswered! I thank you all. So If anyone is going to be in the hospital for 5 days or longer... here are some things i would suggest
I would like to say my scriptures have been the most enjoyed, but by far the flowers I received cheered me every day. I loved them. I loved to smell them and to touch the silky petals. Thank you SO much for them Lallie, Zeeny, Smlaw, and Chellae. I must say scriptures have been such an uplifting part of my days here. I've taken the opportunity to read on my most resent experiences, and wow there is SOO much that I have missed.
Zenny had gotten me a ton of really neat things that I'm thankful for. I really used the Yahtzee game. The cap stick was a great idea, as was the foot lotion. I liked the fact the magazine had short articles so that I didn't feel bad when I fell asleep in the middle of one. Chellae had gotten me some sippy cups. Those where awesome.All the nurses where impressed that I had my own. I just carried it around in my pocket. I really enjoyed them.
I feel great!
Most people who see me walking or sitting crossed legged in bed are amazed at how well I'm doing. I know where my strength comes from and how thankful I am for this knowledge. Thank you for all of your prayers... They where heard.
P.S. any grammatical errors are to be blamed on my pain meds :)
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Orange Jello
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Hooray for scriptures and good friends! [How clever of Challae to think about sippy cups.] I know it will feel good to be back in your own home and in your own bed.
I am sooo happy you are out now!!! I was so worried about you when I didnt get my phone call from you. I stopped by and your husband said you probably wouldnt be home for a couple days... boring boring boring. You are my highlight of Corinth!
:) Dani
Yeah!! So glad things are going well!!! Hope to see you soon.
So happy to hear that your recovery is going so well. I am praying for you. Keep us updated.
I am so glad to hear and see today that you are doing so well!! It was so fun to see you at the picnic less than a week after your surgery! You have such a positive attitude that I could learn from every day! Keep healing!
I am so happy you are feeling well! We were out of town all weekend and I was thinking of you...
I love your joy in all the good things - Scriptures, the view out the window, great friends, and wonderful gratitude, plus so much more.
I think I'll skip the jello for book club!
I'm so glad you are feeling better! I love that you named your IV pole Baxter. That cracked me up! I hope you keep feeling better!
-Megan
Congrats on the surgery going so well and the recovery being uneventful. I think a lot has to do with your postive outlook and the great support system you've got all around you!! I called and left a msg on your cell phone the day of surgery...hope you got it! I've been thinking of you and am glad to read that things are going well.
Post a Comment