CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Professional Patient

I found out that I go in for surgery tomorrow Wednesday the 26th at 5:30am. The cyst is grown again, its about the size of a grapefruit. ( 14cm x 11cm x 11cm 2 weeks ago it was 10cm x 8cm x 6cm) I have 2 cysts and I will most likely lose my left ovary.The baby girl should be safe during the procedure, she looked really smooshed inside me and I'm sure she will be happy to have a bit more room. The only risks my doctor is concerned about is my uterus contracting. And there are medications to stop that if it happens. I asked my doctor about the pain meds and she said the baby will just metabolized it and it shouldn't affect baby girl. The incision will be vertical from hip to hip ( a bit bigger than a C-section scar). Friends have asked me why they don't just drain it, Well the reason is simple. If by chance the cyst was cancerous ( which I'm sure it's not) and the poked a hole in it the cancer cells would spread through out my body very rapidly. And that's no good . I'm a bit nervous, not for the surgery more for the pain associated with the incision after surgery and with the idea of baby girls kicks getting stronger right on my incision. And then 4 months later I get to have another incision to get to meet our sweet baby. I think there should be a frequent flyer program :) Or at least a free tummy tuck :) I will post when I get home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Stella,
I've been watching your blog for news. I'm so glad that I checked this morning. As always, we will hold you, baby girl, and Jason up in prayer. Take care.

Christine said...

You will be in our prayers too - I hope things go smoothly.

zippy said...

You are in our prayers! Thank you for keeping us posted. We are so VERY excited for you and Jason to have a baby. : ) Hope all goes well with the surgery! I agree that at the very least when all is said and done, a free tummy tuck should be an option! : ) We love you!

Rebecca said...

Thank you for updating me on what's going on. My prayers and love go with you tomorrow.

Love,
Becky