For all those who haven't heard through the grapevine Jason and I are expecting a baby :)
I sent out announcements to some of you. But for others I will get you updated.After we got to Seattle the last week in May. Jason got flown out to his boat in Hawaii on the 8th of June. On the 9th... I found out I was pregnant :) I know that I have an extremely high risk pregnancy so I self referred to the same hospital where Annabelle was born.
It's about 1.5 hour trip one way to the hospital. I got my very first ultrasound on the 16th, where the technician mentioned to me that I had 2 cysts on my left side about an inch in size nothing to worry about. Well on the 29th of June I had one of the cysts rupture and was in the ER for a day. Because of the pain I wasn't able to eat for a few days and I lost about 15lbs in 2 weeks.
It's about 1.5 hour trip one way to the hospital. I got my very first ultrasound on the 16th, where the technician mentioned to me that I had 2 cysts on my left side about an inch in size nothing to worry about. Well on the 29th of June I had one of the cysts rupture and was in the ER for a day. Because of the pain I wasn't able to eat for a few days and I lost about 15lbs in 2 weeks.Then on July 10th I had another ultrasound. The baby is so darling. But unfortunately both of the cysts had grown in size both where now about 2 inches. The following Friday I went in for a cerclage. ( not alot of fun). Everything went fine, and I recovered very well. But I stared to look and feel very big... Like I felt I was 6 months pregnant instead of 4 months.
This past Friday I went in for another ultrasound ( it was the first one Jason got to attend) the baby was sucking his thumb. It was darling.
Then the bad news: One of my cysts had doubled in size. It was now 4.5 inches wide. And at this stage the baby is only 3.5 inches long. So in essence I'm carrying twins.
So what is going to happen? My doctor is having me go to a specialist next week to discuss what my options are. But, in most likelihood I will be having surgery in the next week to remove the cyst. And because of the size, it can't be done laparorscopy. I will need an open incision. I will be in the hospital for about 5-7 days... I will keep you guys updated.
2 comments:
Best of luck! I can't believe the cysts are growing. I have had cysts and I had no idea what could happen. Take care of yourself. And make sure you TELL someone in your ward that you will need some help when you get out of the hospital. You'll be in our prayers.
Congratulation's Praying that everything goes well.
Post a Comment