I was asked today where I was from, I responded, Northern California. The nice lady responded ... I love the bay area, it's so pretty there.
I have to say I seem to run into alot of people who don't know that there is a whole 300 miles worth of California ABOVE San Francisco. So this is for all those people who don't know what there missing in Northern California. :)
I moved to Susanville when I was 5 and then to Redding when I was 10.
This is Mt Shasta. We could see this Mountain from our house, 100 miles away. The locals call it Lady Shasta, because if you look at the left side running right it looks like a woman's profile laying down.
In Redding there is an amazing sun dial bridge, that goes over the Sacramento River. You can walk about 30 miles on a paved bike trail that follows the river. It was one of my favorite places to pick wild blackberries that grew along side of the river.
Castle Craig's, our ward youth would hike up this every summer. Our Bishop would take us up to a stream and tell us stories form the scriptures. And teach us how nature symbolizes our Fathers love for us.
Burney Falls. It is one of the wonders of the world. the water does not just fall from the top but somehow water come from behind the lower rocks. It's a great place to picnic. And if you like freezing water you can jump into the pool at the bottom of the falls and swim.
There are other great places to visit, like the northern coast area. The Giant Redwood Trees. Some of my best memories where looking for agates for hours on the beach. Now don't get me wrong Redding can get really hot. Like 115 in the summer. But hey if you ever find yourself up there make sure you stop and take it all in.
I moved to Susanville when I was 5 and then to Redding when I was 10.
This is Mt Shasta. We could see this Mountain from our house, 100 miles away. The locals call it Lady Shasta, because if you look at the left side running right it looks like a woman's profile laying down.
In Redding there is an amazing sun dial bridge, that goes over the Sacramento River. You can walk about 30 miles on a paved bike trail that follows the river. It was one of my favorite places to pick wild blackberries that grew along side of the river.
Castle Craig's, our ward youth would hike up this every summer. Our Bishop would take us up to a stream and tell us stories form the scriptures. And teach us how nature symbolizes our Fathers love for us.
Burney Falls. It is one of the wonders of the world. the water does not just fall from the top but somehow water come from behind the lower rocks. It's a great place to picnic. And if you like freezing water you can jump into the pool at the bottom of the falls and swim.There are other great places to visit, like the northern coast area. The Giant Redwood Trees. Some of my best memories where looking for agates for hours on the beach. Now don't get me wrong Redding can get really hot. Like 115 in the summer. But hey if you ever find yourself up there make sure you stop and take it all in.
3 comments:
Those are all beautiful! I especially like the waterfalls! I have always wanted to go see the redwood trees. I grew up on a street named redwood so the thought was never too far from me! Someday I'll make it and now I have other things to look forward to!
Such beautiful pictures... It looks like a beautiful place to grow up...
This just looks so beautiful! I've only ever driven through Sacramento on my way to SF. Thanks for sharing your memories. BTW, thanks for your comments in Sunday School today. It gave me a whole new perspective on principles!
Post a Comment