Sister Spg and I went to Vermont on Tuesday. What an awesome trip! She took me to 'New Skete' a monastery for the Eastern Orthodox Church. The fall colors are not as bright as they should be but it still was very pretty.
I would recommend taking a day trip if only to see there chapels. The art on the walls and the wood work was beautiful.
I hear that they also have outstanding cheesecake. I didn't get any though :) We also went to the Norman Rockwell museum in Arlington. Then we had lunch up in Manchester at a great little place. I didn't know this but Robert Todd Lincoln built a mansion called Hildene right outside Manchester.
We didn't go in, I think I'm going to try and go there before I migrate west. Oh one other thing I forgot my camera so all these pics are from the Internet.
I would recommend taking a day trip if only to see there chapels. The art on the walls and the wood work was beautiful.
I hear that they also have outstanding cheesecake. I didn't get any though :) We also went to the Norman Rockwell museum in Arlington. Then we had lunch up in Manchester at a great little place. I didn't know this but Robert Todd Lincoln built a mansion called Hildene right outside Manchester.
We didn't go in, I think I'm going to try and go there before I migrate west. Oh one other thing I forgot my camera so all these pics are from the Internet.
0 comments:
Post a Comment